Sixty years ago, in the rural but growing Danbury, CT area, a handful of dedicated citizens brought forth the proposition that a Catholic secondary school was vital to the continued spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and social growth of its children.
True to its founding purpose statement, Immaculate High School of Danbury was born two years later. To this day, every family who so desired this education for their children may receive it at Immaculate. The legacy of their efforts continues today.
Whereas several generations ago families from the Danbury area donated funds, made in-kind contributions and multi-year pledges to make Immaculate a reality, today’s generation is being called to renew the commitment. To make new what God has provided. To prepare todays students for college, lifelong learning, and empower their contributions to our postmodern world.
Empowering Our Legacy Beyond Today calls us to remember what this community has done together, and what we are called to today:
- Do our part in raising up new generations of Catholic-educated students who will “go unto the world” into every field and workplace.
- Rededicate ourselves as a community to excellence in education and to creating whole student individuals.
- Build upon and maintain the wonderful facilities we have been given stewardship over these past sixty years.
- Endow Immaculate High School with the resources to avail this education to every student in our area that seeks it.
- As we have so many times before, collectively answering the call to partner to grow this great area institution that is Immaculate, that it may answer the call to provide excellence in education today in our generation.