Welcome to the Immaculate High School Alumni Association!
The Alumni Association is comprised of nearly 7,000 alumni and is an active part of our school community. We wouldn't be Immaculate without YOU! The Alumni Council and Class Representatives are a loyal group of alumni giving of their time and talents to Immaculate. All alumni are invited to participate. The mission of the Alumni Association is to promote and foster the spirit of fellowship and community among alumni at Immaculate, while rendering assistance to our alma mater, wherever needed, to ensure that Immaculate continues to thrive. We cherish our relationship with the people who have graduated from our school since 1966. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your dedication to Immaculate, and welcome. We ARE Immaculate!
The IHS Alumni Association meets once per quarter on a Monday evening at 7:00 p.m. at Immaculate. Members may attend in person or call in to the meeting. As we look to grow the Alumni Association, please consider becoming a representative for your graduating class. We hope to have 1-2 representatives from each class who can help the Alumni Council communicate information about IHS happenings and alumni events! Please contact Denise (Henry) Suarez '87, Director of Alumni Relations, if interested at (203) 744 1510 x158 or by email at email@example.com.
2018 - 19 Alumni Association
Sept. 10, 2018 @ 7 p.m.
Nov. 5, 2018 @ 7 p.m.
Feb. 11, 2019 @ 7 p.m.
May 6, 2019 @ 7 p.m.
President – Joe Sullivan '83
Recording Secretary - Erin Maguire '93
IHS President - Mary Maloney
Director of Alumni Relations – Denise (Henry) Suarez '87
’66 – Jo-Anne (Tomanio) Price & Doris (Fontaine) Peterson
’68 – Pat (Stankaitis) O’Neil & Ellen Grana
’71 – Jan Maria Jagush & Kevin Durkin
'72 - Greg Horan
'75 - Kate Jordan
’77 – Kathy (Mahoney) Wakeford
’79 – Deirdre Dolan-Nesline
’80 – Meg (Losee) Riefberg
'81 - Marianne (Urkiel) Mitchell
’84 – Martin Tuite
’86 – Ron Gleissner
’87 – Carolyn (Sullivan) Schlichtig
'88 - Val Anderson
'91 - Andrew Barry
'93 - Jack Bouffard & Erin Maguire
’02 – Melissa (Lopes) Haynes
’03 – Kevin Hudak
'07 - Samantha (Mingione) Murtha & Courtney Fuller
'14 - Emily Burke
'15 - Meghan Rudolf
'16 - Katie Girardot
'17 - Katie McAdams and Isabel Kent
'18 - Helena Sabo, Isabella Cipillone and Maddie Werdann
Class Representative Requirements
Class Representatives play a vital role in the alumni community. They are instrumental in keeping class members in contact with one another and in keeping them connected to IHS. Requirements and a list of responsibilities are listed below:
- Having a good rapport with others
- Being able to represent the views of classmates
- Having a strong desire to maintain the social cohesion of your class
- Belief in the mission of IHS
- Willingness to work with and supporting the goals of the IHS Alumni Association
Alumni who take on this role should not necessarily see this as a job for life, nor one that they undertake alone. The Director of Alumni Relations will work closely with you to help you achieve your goals for representing your class, as well as in finding a replacement when you decide that you are no longer able to serve.
Class Representative Responsibilities
- Engage and communicate with classmates to develop class unity and a connection to IHS.
- Participate in a majority of scheduled quarterly committee meetings either in person of via conference call
- Support alumni activities occurring in your local area.
- Encourage your classmates to keep their contact details up‐to‐date. This can be done online. It is the key to receiving information from the school
- Work to communicate and encourage fellow alumni to attend alumni and school events
- Provide Director of Alumni Relations with pertinent information regarding fellow alumni (marriage, births, graduations, promotions, deaths, etc.). Encourage classmates to share their news.
- Assist Immaculate in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, Career Day, internship placement, regional reception hosts, financial support, committee volunteer support, etc.
- Plan class reunion, or seek to identify a reunion planning committee every 5 years. We ask that you work with the Alumni Office when organizing a class reunion, by managing registrations via the IHS website and supporting efforts to raise monies as a reunion class gift to the Alumni Legacy Scholarship Fund.
- Engage fellow alumni via social media (i.e.; Create/Moderate Class Facebook page)
- Aid the Advancement Office in Immaculate Fund communications to classmates
- Represent your class in regards to decisions being made by the IHS Alumni Board.
- Be an ambassador for the school. Help raise the profile of Immaculate.
The Alumni Office can support class representatives in the following ways:
- Provide contact details for all the members of your class
- E-Blast information to your classmates
- Include a list of "missing alumni" from your class
- Publicize your events on the IHS website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
There are a number of ways to give back to the school as an alumni volunteer as you’ll see listed below. For more information or to volunteer please contact Denise (Henry) Suarez '87, Director of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 744-1510 x158.
Every class needs 1-2 grads to take the lead on assisting our alumni office with communicating to fellow classmates, and helping to update contact information of missing alums. You do not need to commit to spending a lot of time to make an immediate impact. If you have the time and interest, taking the lead on getting classmates together on an annual basis, or helping to build a reunion committee every 5 years, helps to build class unity and ties to IHS.
Help contact your classmates for reunion events every five years, or more often – it is up to you and your class. Our Alumni Coordinator is happy to provide any assistance to your reunion committee. Please visit the Reunion tab, for a reunion planning checklist, and information on how your group can use the IHS website to register online for your event
Host A Regional Alumni Event
The Alumni Association would like to begin planning regional events to gather IHS alumni in cities like New York, Boston, Washington D.C., and Chicago. You can give back to Immaculate by offering to host a reception for IHS alumni in your area. This could be a dinner at your home, cocktail hour at a local venue, or any type of event that helps to gather ten or more IHS alumni, parents & friends.
"The Mustang Tradition" E-Newsletter
Have you been instrumental in effecting change in your community? Have you had an amazing experience that you would like to share? How has your experience at IHS shaped your life? Please let us know! The IHS alumni newsletter "The Mustang Tradition" is seeking stories from our alumni. Please send your story to Denise Suarez, Director of Alumni Relations at email@example.com.
Most of all we want to hear from you! Please send your news and photos to Denise Suarez at firstname.lastname@example.org for publication on our website and in our annual magazine, Traditions.