CELEBRATING 50 YEARS!
Each June, IHS plans a grand celebration for the 50th reunion class. Thank you to the classes of '66 and '67 for joining us for a memorable celebration of your 50th reunion over the past two years and congratulations on being inducted as Golden Mustangs. You may have left us after the celebratory weekend...but we'll never leave you!
Please click the tabs below for more information on annual Golden Mustang events, along with details on the Class of 1968's 50th Reunion this coming June!
- Class of 1968 ~ 50th Reunion ~ SAVE THE DATE: June 2, 2018
- 50th Reunion Testimonials
- Golden Mustang Mass & Brunch
- In Memoriam
- Missing '68 Classmates
The Class of '68 will celebrate their 50th reunion and Golden Mustang induction on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury. Please save the date! Invitations will be mailed in early 2018.
Other reunion weekend events include:
Saturday, June 2, 2018
50th Reunion event at Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT. Join us for dinner, dancing and Golden Mustang Induction!
Sunday, June 3, 2018 ~ 10 a.m
Memorial Mass for Deceased '68 Classmates in the IHS Chapel, followed by school tour and continental breakfast.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 ~ evening
The Class of 1968 is invited to join other Golden Mustangs from '66 and '67 to process with the graduating class of 2018 at the commencement ceremony at Western Connecticut State University.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Ethan Allen Hotel from Friday, June 1 - Wednesday, June 6. Please mention "Immaculate High School 50th Reunion" when reserving your room to receive the special rate of $119. Reservations must be made prior to May 4, 2018 to receive this rate. Ethan Allen reservations:: (203) 744-1776.
- The planning committee did an amazing job to pull this reunion off! Kudos to all involved!
- I flew home on the wings of happy memories and fueled by hugs and laughter. Go Mustangs and on to #55!
- Loved it all! We are back in Houston with great memories.
- Thank you so sincerely. There are no words that can adequately express the pride and joy that abounded in that room!
- It was wonderful from Wednesday to Sunday. Great fun was had by all.
- It was such a great experience. All events were well planned! Reconnecting with everyone was beyond words…so much fun!
- Do it again next year!
- What a special weekend! I loved seeing everyone.
- I had a fabulous time. It was so nice to see everybody after all this time and find out about their lives.
- Loved it!
- Thanks to all the folks whom worked so hard and cared so much to organize our 50th reunion.
- We had a wonderful time at the 1966 Class Reunion festivities. We could not have asked for a better time.
- The event was a BLAST! I loved it. The committee did a fabulous job. Their hard work and attention to detail was very apparent. Bravo to all!
- Thanks to the reunion committee for their hard work in making this a most enjoyable event. The graduates of the Class of 66 sure aged well! Hope everyone is around for the next one.
- Sweetest time! Well thought out, like being back with my family again. Thanks for the tremendous effort put into this celebration!
- I hope we do a 55th reunion! It was great to connect with classmates.
- I had the best time seeing all of my classmates. I did not want it to end!
Once again, we had a wonderful morning with our Golden Mustang classes of '66, '67 and '68. Each fall, we invite all Golden Mustangs (those having celebrated their 50th reunion), along with the class involved in the planning stages for their 50th to join us for this special day..
This year's event was held on Monday, September 18 and was hosted by the IHS Alumni Association. It began with a Mass in the IHS chapel, where all deceased members of these three classes were prayed for and was followed by a brunch in the cafeteria. Monsignor John Hossan, IHS's first principal, was in attendance and enjoyed a 90th birthday cake, while our students sang "Happy Birthday" to him. We will have many opportunities to reunite our Golden Mustangs so that each of you can stay connected with IHS and with each other.
WE LOVINGLY REMEMBER OUR GOLDEN MUSTANGS
Class of ‘66: Ann Burns, Marinella Vandergoes Butkowsky, Robert Edward Cmielewski, James Curran,Margaret Dencey Davis, Thomas Egan, Joseph Halas, Austin Ronald Hodge, John Joseph Hogan, Thomas Kelly, Mary Ellen (Dallas) Lavoie, Patrick McDonough, Jean Holick McKay, Stephanie Grund Musgrove,Diane Wojtulewica Octavio, Thomas Schramm, Maureen Bernadette Williams and Noreen Tomaino
Class of ‘67: Catherine Gallagher Bjelko, Stephen Butkowsky, David Closter, Judy Jensen Collins, James Connery, Mary Hodge Cribben, Irene Simoes Fischer, James Gravel, Darrick Gill, James Hulton, Lawrence Isbell, Susan Isbell, Joanne Luongo, Christopher Lynch, Ann Gardner McLain, Kenneth Penna, Jeffrey Reinen, John Patrick Richardson, Sara Ann Samara, William Soto, Karen Selelonis Todd and Mary Kathleen Wixted
Class of ‘68: Margaret Green Allen, Maryjane Clark, Edward T. Connors, Lorraine Profita Czarnota, Kevin Hynes, Keir Davio, Sharon Bedini Lane, Paul Leonard, Margaret Ripple, Theresa Russell and Carol Smigala
Please email Denise Suarez at email@example.com if you know of a deceased classmate not listed, so that we can remember them in our prayers at the 50th Reunion Memorial Mass and at our annual Mass of Remembrance in November.
Immaculate High School values our relationship with our alumni. Unfortunately, we sometimes lose touch due to moves, job changes and life events. Please help us find missing classmates so that they don't miss out on alumni updates and special events such as the 50th Golden Mustangs Reunion. Please visit www.immaculatehs.org/alumniupdate to update your contact information. The following '68 alumni are missing email addresses, and for some we have no contact information. Thank you!