Academics at IHS
The academic programs offered at Immaculate High School are designed to prepare the whole student for college and beyond. We offer an extensive, rigorous NEASC accredited program that exceeds the Diocese of Bridgeport and the State of Connecticut guidelines.
"I love Immaculate because I am given the opportunity to grow in faith while receiving a high quality education. The teachers at Immaculate have pushed me to be the best person I can be."
~ R. Chory '24
Students have an opportunity to enroll in numerous honors and AP classes, dual enrollment classes from four prestigious universities as well as on-line college programs. Faculty and staff work together to create an engaging community that encourages students to develop and master the skills needed to become lifelong learners.
Counselors provide several services to assist students with academic planning and support services so that they may exceed their own expectations. Our extracurricular programs enhance classroom learning and allow students to expand their interests, broaden their experiences and to become global leaders.
As a result of our academic offerings, students have been recognized for achieving beyond the national averages on both the ACT and SAT assessments.
Average Class Size
Advanced Placement Courses
Immaculate High School is committed to providing the academic rigor, course offerings, personalized attention and support from dedicated counselors and teachers to prepare every student for opportunities to achieve their college goals. An annual 100% college acceptance rate and noteworthy merit scholarship offerings, including $24M for the Class of 2023, you are ready to soar upon graduating from Immaculate. In addition, our student SAT scores consistently exceed national and State of Connecticut averages.
Our college preparatory curriculum prepares our students for life. We strive to develop the full potential of every student so that they may be the best version of themselves and exceed their own expectations.
Honors & Advanced Placement Courses
Fifty honors level courses in English, Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, Art, Technology, Business and World Languages are available for academically advanced students, along with 18 Advanced Placement (30 with virtual options) and 9 dual-enrollment courses allowing you to simultaneously earn high school and college credits.
Leading Scholars Program
The Immaculate High School Scholars Program is designed for the highest achieving students in the freshman and sophomore classes. Admission is based on your academic record in middle school, your scores on the HSPT exam, letters of recommendation and in some cases, an interview with the Dean of Counseling.
- Career Presentations - a series of guest speakers to help students learn about potential career options.
- College Tours and Admission Presentations - Guided College Tours at some of the best colleges in the country.
- Enhanced Academic Programs - identify opportunities for academic enrichment for you. Some include a Summer Academic Program ( on a college campus), an OnLine Academic Enrichment Course, Research Opportunities and Academic Certification Programs.
- Community Service - identify additional opportunities for community service.
- College Profile - Develop your college profile by identifying the appropriate level classes, building a resume, selecting clubs and activities in the community.
- New York City Excursion - all scholars will be invited to participate in a day long excursion to NYC to include a broadway show.
Immaculate High School, a Catholic college preparatory school under the Diocese of Bridgeport, provides a challenging academic education in a wholesome and disciplined environment. Because Immaculate High School values character formation, moral development and spiritual direction, religious education is an integral part of the curriculum.