Below is all of the paperwork that must be filled out completely and handed in on time. Print out everything, be sure to read it carefully, and make sure everything is accurately and fully completed. You may write in ink directly on the forms or type your work and attach it to the corresponding form. Your completed paperwork will be used by the anonymous Faculty Council to determine whether you meet the criteria of character, service, and leadership. Acceptance letters are delivered to homerooms in November.
Please put your completed paperwork into a folder with your name on the front. Be sure to put your paperwork in the order specified by the "Candidate Checklist for a Complete N.H.S. Packet."
*Incomplete, inaccurate, or late submissions may disqualify candidates from consideration*
Due October 3rd!
1) Lists and explains the requirements to earn membership into the N.H.S.
1) CLICK HERE
2(a, b, & c) Provide information regarding your extra-curricular activities both in and out of school.
3) Your leadership essay is extremely important. Be sure to be as detailed as possible. Some (or maybe even all) Faculty Council members may not have personal knowledge of your leadership qualities so this essay is their only basis of judgement.
3) CLICK HERE
4a) Documented service hours are service hours that you have already handed in and have been documented by the I.H.S. office. Write an essay explaining your community service and how you found it rewarding.
4b) Undocumented service hours are hours that you want the Faculty Council to consider. These hours have not been documented by the I.H.S. office. If all of your community service hours have been documented by the I.H.S. office, you do not need to fill out this form. Note: You still need to document these hours with the I.H.S. office if you want them to count toward your community service.
5) Explain how you demonstrate excellence of character. In addition, please have an adult who is not a relative write a letter that attests to your character. Please hand it in with your paperwork in a sealed envelope.
5) CLICK HERE
6) Learn and accept the obligations of membership in the N.H.S.
6) CLICK HERE
7 & 8) Provide two I.H.S. teachers with this recommendation form. Be sure to give your teachers plenty of time to complete the forms. Forms are given directly to the adviser from the teacher. No more than two teachers may fill out this form.
7 & 8) CLICK HERE
9) Check to be sure you're submitting all the necessary information. Hand in this checklist with your paperwork.
9) CLICK HERE
Seniors, if you are applying to N.H.S. for a second time, use this check sheet as the basis for gathering your materials.