Directions for purchasing E-Texts for iPad
World Language, Social Studies, English, and Science
World Language, Social Studies, English, and Science books can be obtained by following these instructions:
1. Using a computer, go to pearsonprivateschools.com
2. Enter zip code “06810”
3. Select “Immaculate High School” in drop down box
4. Use “Select a group” drop down box to pick subject.
4. Select the texts you need and add them to your cart. Be sure to match isbn #s.
5. Complete your payment transaction by entering all required information.
5. Print out your receipt. Be sure to save it.
6. During the first week of classes, you will be instructed on how to load the books onto your iPad.
Note: A few of the books, such as “Intro to Chemistry Concepts & Critical Thinking”, Algebra 7 Trigonometry by Blitzer” and the workbooks for World Language classes are hardcover books. They will be shipped to your home. You may also be able to obtain these books at any other online source, such as amazon.com, etc.
Math books will be obtained from: pearsonprivateschools.com (see above directions), HMH Fuse Common Core (search “HMH Fuse” on the iPad APP store), or cengagebrain.com. The book list directs you to the appropriate site.
Pearsonprivateschools.com math books will be loaded in the same manner as above. Trigonometry or Calculus with Applications students: You will be purchasing a “MY MATH LAB” access card, which will be mailed to your home. During the first week of classes, your teacher will give you the course id number and you will be instructed on how to load the appropriate book onto your iPad.
HMH Fuse Common Core (Algebra CP, Geometry CP and Algebra II CP books) will be loaded onto your iPad after you install the appropriate iPad APP and then follow all directions to complete your transaction. The actual installation may take up to ½ hour.
Cengagebrain.com books (Accounting, Pre-Calculus H, AP Calculus AP)
1. Go to cengagebrain.com
Enter ISBN# 978-1-111-98863-0 (Century 21 Acctg: Gen Journal, Intro Course, Chapters 1-16). This will bring up the hardcover version. On the right side of the screen you will see purchasing options. Under “Digital” use drop down box to select “ebook – 1 yr” and add to your cart. Then, purchase the workbook, which is ISBN# 978-0-538-44765-2. This workbook will be mailed to your home.
Enter ISBN# 978-1-4390-4909-9 (Larson Precalculus with Limits, 2nd edition). This will bring up the hardcover version. On the right side of the screen you will see purchasing options. Select “ebook – 1 yr” and add to your cart.
AP Calculus (AP):
Enter ISBN# 978-0-547-20998-2 (Calculus of a Single Variable, 9th edition). This will bring up the hardcover version. On the right side of the screen, you will see purchasing options. Select “ebook - 18 months” and add to your cart.
3. Complete your payment transaction by entering all required information.
4. Go back into cengagebrain.com, click on “my home”. E-book will be there.