Thanks to reunion-year donations, the Alumni Association was able to offer four Alumni Legacy Scholarships to students for the 2016-2017 school year. Thank you to all of our alumni who generously donated to the scholarship fund in honor of their reunion!
Your reunion year is an occasion to renew ties with classmates and reflect on what Immaculate means to you. It's also a time for classes to come together in giving back. We are always grateful for the support of our alumni and alumni-owned businesses.
Want to plan a reunion?
The classes ending is 2 and 7 are on tap for 2017 and some classes ending in 3 and 8 have already reached out about beginning plans for reunions in 2018! The Class of '68 will be holding their big 50th reunion on June 2, 2018. At this point, the Classes of 2002 and 2007 held spring reunions and all other classes, with the exception of '72 and '97 have reunions in the works for this fall. Let us know if you are interested in getting involved in planning your class reunion. The IHS Alumni Office is here to help make it easy and fun!
Please contact our Director of Alumni Relations, Denise (Henry) Suarez '87 - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Details: Seeking reunion organizers!
Event Details: Saturday, November 25, 2017 - The Meeting House Pub - Click the button above to register today!
Event Details: October 7, 2017 - Event concluded.
Event Details: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - The Meeting House Pub - Click the button above to register today!
Event Details: Save the Date - October 7, 2017 - Event concluded.
Event Details: Seeking reunion organizers!
Event Details: June 25, 2017 - Down the Hatch - Event concluded.
Event Details: June 17, 2017 - Foundry Kitchen & Tavern - Event concluded.
Event Details: Save the Date - November 24, 2017 - Square One, Danbury - Click the button above to register today. Payment made at event.
ALUMNI INFORMATION POLICY
Immaculate High School Alumni Database Access and Use Policy
This policy relates to all information about alumni of the Immaculate High School. This policy is intended to allow development personnel and alumni relations' personnel to use information about our alumni while insuring that their privacy is protected.
Lists, labels, files, and reports may only be shared with approved alumni volunteers whose work has a direct bearing on constituent relations or fundraising activities for Immaculate High School. Volunteers must read, comply, and sign an Alumni Database Access and Use Policy. This information is not to be given out to committee members, unless they too have signed the online request form, acknowledging an understanding of the terms and conditions of this policy. Anyone requesting this information, must submit their request via an online form at www.immaculatehs.org/alumni, and must clearly identify that it will be used for IHS alumni relations purposes. Information in our database will never be distributed to unauthorized individuals. Allow a minimum of 10 working days for your request to be reviewed, approved, and processed.
The information must not be given, sold, traded, exchanged, etc., to people or institutions not affiliated with Immaculate High School. It is the responsibility of the person requesting the information to maintain its absolute confidentiality. Upon completion of the approved activity that required the release of information, the requestor must return it to the Alumni Office, or properly dispose of the information, by shredding hard copies or deleting electronic documents.
REUNION PLANNING CHECKLIST
- Touch base with IHS Director of Alumni Relations (Denise Suarez – email@example.com) to:
- Make sure that no one else is already coordinating a reunion for your class.
- Discuss how IHS can assist in planning your event.
- Assemble reunion committee:
- Event Chair/s
- Communications & Social Media
- Classmate locator (this is important and might be an individual or team effort)!
- Memorabilia (gather items from high school days)
Please read the Immaculate High School Alumni Database Access and Use Policy and complete the online form requesting class contact information. Visit www.immaculatehs.org/alumniupdate and click on the Alumni Information Request Form. Once completed, you will receive a spreadsheet with contact information for your class. In the months leading up to your reunion, the committee, in conjunction with IHS, will work to find missing alumni information. Please mark the updated information in a different color, so that when you send it back to IHS for input in our database, we know what has been changed.
How do you work to find missing alumni information?
- Coordinate with IHS Director of Alumni Relations to determine a list of classmates with no contact info.
- Begin soliciting missing info via emails, phone calls, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- For example, sort all alumni with missing email addresses (most important info) and list "MIA" alumni on your class Facebook page, asking fellow alums to tag those on the list with the link to update. This works very well!
- Refer ALL classmates to update their contact info at www.immaculatehs.org/alumniupdate. Go to “Alumni Information Update”.
Class Facebook Page
- If your class does not already have a class Facebook page, please contact Denise for help in getting one set up with the proper name (i.e.; Immaculate High School – Class of 2003).
- Can be used to locate missing classmate info, gauge interest, solicit feedback on type of event via survey, share stories and pictures from IHS days, and share event information.
Set event date and communicate date to IHS
- Check IHS calendar of events to see if reunion could tie into i.e.; Homecoming.
- Determine event location & book hotel block of rooms if necessary
Set budget & ticket price
- Reunion class gifts are generally added as part of ticket price (i.e.; if ticket price based on cost of event is determined to be $50, making the price $60 which includes gift to IHS), or as optional donation box on online registration.
- 3% credit card processing fee must be added to cost of ticket price (this fee is not an IHS fee, but rather from the credit card company).
Alumni Office will add event information on IHS website. Tickets can be purchased easily via credit card through the site. Immaculate receives funds and writes a check to reunion planner for full amount (minus 3% credit card fee and any donations made). We have no say in how the monies are used for your reunion – that is up to the committee!
Communicate classmate contact info, event date, ticket price & event details to Director of Alumni Relations for posting on IHS website and IHS Social Media.
Arrange possible school tours +/or class Mass in IHS chapel. Alumni love to come back into the halls of their alma mater! Masses can be said in memory of any deceased classmates, or any special prayer intentions from alumni.
Contact Denise (Henry) Suarez ’87, Director of Alumni Relations for use of your class yearbook for pictures, etc.
HAVE A GREAT EVENT!